Garden Scavenger Hunt
Make a game of your visit to the Garden and find the following:
- All the colors in a rainbow - red, orange, yellow, green, blue and purple.
- A beautiful plant in the Southern Seasons Garden. This garden features stunning plants all year.
- An animal spotted from the Kendeda Canopy Walk.
- Frog Baby Statue in the Perennial Gardens. Can you see any real frogs in her pond?
- The “three old friends” in the Japanese Garden: water, stone and bamboo.
- Three plants you would eat in the Edible Garden. (Please do not pick or eat plants in the Edible Garden!)
- Spiky succulent in the Desert House that is native to Madagascar.
- The cacao tree in the Fuqua Conservatory. Chocolate is made from the seeds of the cacao plant.
- Moss growing on rocks or leaves in the Tropical High Elevation House. The Tropical High Elevation House is like a cloud forest. The cool, misty air creates perfect growing conditions for mosses.
- The vanilla vine in the Orchid Display House. Vanilla flavoring comes from the seedpod of this orchid plant.
- Two different species of carnivorous plants. Native pitcher plants, Venus flytraps and sundews grow in the Native Bog Garden and Nepenthes pitchers grow in the Fuqua Orchid Center. The Garden has the largest public collection of carnivorous plants in the U.S.